Suma, commonly called “Brazilian ginseng” or Pfaffia paniculata, is a plant native to tropical countries in the Amazon rainforest region like Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, and Venezuela. Powdered Suma root is known to boost energy, protect vital organs, increase hormone synthesis. It is often used as an adaptogen. Suma root has a sweet, vanilla-like flavor. The root of Suma contains phytochemicals including saponins (pfaffosides), pfaffic acid, beta-ecdysterone, glycosides, and nortriterpenes.
Suma Root (Pfaffia Paniculata) Health Benefits
Suma is one of many medicinal herbs that some have referred to as adaptogens. An adaptogen is something that strengthens the body as well as the mind against stress. Suma root powder is shown to help relieves stress from the body and help build muscles due to its adaptogen property.
Moreover, A study in 2006 on mice examined the effects of Brazilian ginseng root on cancer cells. The study concluded that Suma root reduced fluid accumulation and increased the cell’s ability to engulf tumor cells, thus making it a possible herb candidate for cancer treatment.
Other benefits of Suma root (Brazilian Ginseng) are:
- Cure fatigue
- It May have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- May help with hormonal disorders
- Strengthening the immune system
- Help reduce stress and anxiety
- Soothing out pain
- Reducing digestive problems
- Increasing physical energy
- Curing erectile dysfunction
- Mending ulcers
- May benefit people with sickle cell disease.
- May kills leukemia cells
- May inhibits tumor growth
How To Use Suma Root Powder
Our Suma root powder comes in 2 forms – two ounces of powder and 60 vegetable capsules (550-600 mg).
- Suma root powdered form directions for use: Take 1/2 tsp of dried powder in an 8 oz. glass of favorite juice or smoothie once a day. You can also sprinkle between 500 to 1500 mg of powdered Suma on your meals.
- Suma root capsules form directions for use: Take 1 capsule 2 times a day with water or favorite beverage.
The gel caps we use for Suma root powder are Vegicaps (vegetable) and are all-natural. No Animal By-Products, Starch Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free, Ethylene Oxide, and Sulfite FREE!
There have been no reported side effects on the short-term daily usage of Suma powder. However, the long-term effect is still unknown.
Legal Information: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.