African dream root also, known as Silene undulata or Silene capensis, is a small perennial herb native to the Eastern Cape of South Africa. It typically grows in open forests and grasslands. The plant’s roots have been famously used by the Xhosa people of South Africa to help induce vivid and lucid dreams. Other antispasmodic herb are Passionflower and Wild lettuce
African dream root (Silene undulata) Information
- Origin: South Africa
- Ingredients: Wild harvested African dream root
- Parts Used: Roots
African Dream Root Benefits
These roots contain compounds, such as triterpene saponins, alkaloids, and diterpenoids, which may be responsible for the root’s ability to stimulate vivid or lucid dreams.
Other benefits of the Silene undulata are:
- Helps with dream memory or recall
- May enhance mental cognition.
- Relaxes CNS (Central nervous system)
- It may help reduce inflammation due to the presence of antioxidants
- It may lower cholesterol
African Dream Root Herb – How To Use
African dream root can be consumed in various ways. Traditionally, people would chew its roots. Other forms available as a supplement are dried root, a powder made from the root, and capsules containing the powder.
Our product of Xhosa herb comes in 2 forms – one ounce of powder and 60 vegetable capsules (550-600 mg).
- African dream root powder form: Take 1/2 tsp of dried powder in an 8 oz. glass of water or favorite juice.
- African dream root capsules form: Take 1 capsule a day with water or favorite beverage.
The gel caps we use are Vegicaps (vegetable) and are all-natural. No Animal By-Products, Starch Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free, Ethylene Oxide, and Sulfite FREE!
Legal Information: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.