Maca (Lepidium meyenii), also known as Peruvian ginseng, is a plant that grows in the mountains of Peru at high altitudes of 7,000 to 11,000 feet. It’s a super-dense food containing high amounts of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids. Maca is related to broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and kale. It has an extensive history of medicinal and culinary use in Peru. Maca is in several colors, ranging from white to black. Maca root is usually dried and absorbed in powder form. However, it’s also available in capsules and as a liquid infusion.
Maca Root (Lepidium Meyenii) Benefits
Maca is rich in B-Vitamins and has high levels of calcium, magnesium. Maca root powder is very nutritious and is an excellent source of several essential vitamins and minerals. Maca root is a good supply of carbohydrates, is low in fat, and contains a reasonable fiber. It’s also high in certain crucial minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C, aluminum, and iron. Furthermore, it contains various plant compounds, including glucosinolates and polyphenols.
The main use of Maca root is to increase sexual desire and libido in men and women. Numerous studies have shown that any type of Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is beneficial to improve various sexual functions such as erectile dysfunction and sexual desire.
Other benefits of Maca root are:
- Decrease prostate size due to the presence of glucosinolates
- Increases energy
- Reduces the effect of aging on the skin
- Increases stamina & athletic performance
- Nourishes glandular systems
- Improves physical and emotional well-being
- Promotes mental clarity
- Balance hormones
- Treats PMS (Mood swings)
- Menopause symptoms (Hot flashes)
- Deeper sleep
- Adapt to stress
- Slows the aging process
- Prevents osteoporosis
How To Use Maca Root (Lepidium Meyenii) Extract
Our Maca root extract comes in two forms: two ounces of powder and60 vegetable capsules (550-600 mg). The extract is a blend of Yellow, Black, and Red Maca roots, giving you the benefits from all three varieties.
- Maca root powder form directions for use: Take 1/2 tsp of dried powder in an 8 oz. glass of favorite juice or smoothie once a day. You can also add the powder to oatmeal, baked products, energy bars, and more.
- Maca root capsules form directions for use: Take 1 capsule 2 times a day with water or favorite beverage.
The gel caps we use for Maca extract are Vegicaps (vegetable) and are all-natural. No Animal By-Products, Starch Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free, Ethylene Oxide, and Sulfite FREE!
Maca is considered safe to be consumed daily with no reported side effects.
Legal Information: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.