Cistanche (Rou Cong Cong) Information
- Origin: China
- Ingredients: Wild harvested Cistanche
- Common Name: Rou Cong Rong and Suosuo Dayun
- Species: Cistanche tubulosa, Cistanche deserticola, Cistanche phelypaea
- Family: Orobanchaceae
- Parts Used: Stem, roots.
- Taste: Salty taste and is somewhat sweet and slightly bitter.
- Active Components: Cistanche mainly consist of volatile oils, non-volatile phenylethanoid glycosides (PhGs), iridoids, lignans, alditols, oligosaccharides, and polysaccharides
Cistanche Powder Benefits
Cistanche powder has been traditionally used to enhance immunity, sexual health, antioxidation, neuroprotection, and tonic. In Chinese medicine, Cistanche (also known as Rou Cong Rong) stimulates the kidney yang and increases the sex hormone levels by inducing testicular steroidogenic enzymes in men.