Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) is a succulent herb plant found in South Africa, where it grows naturally. Kanna has been used for hundreds of years to relax the body, relieve tension, a natural antidepressant, and lower stress. Traditionally Kanna is used as a liquid, chewed, or consumed as a tea.
Fermented vs. Unfermented Kanna Powder – Fermented Kanna comes from all-natural material left to be fermented for 8-10 days before being dried and ground. This gives you more aroma and health benefits than unfermented Kanna powder.
- Scientific Name: Sceletium tortuosum
- Synonyms: Sceletium compactum L. Bolus, Sceletium framesii L. Bolus, Sceletium joubertii L. Bolus
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Ingredients: Wild harvested Kanna
- Parts Used: Plant
- Active Components: mesembrine and mesembrenone
Kanna Health Benefits
Kanna powder is famously used to enhance moods, relaxation, and euphoric states of mind because it contains alkaloids Mesembrine. Alkaloids act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors, effectively reducing depression and anxiety by increasing serotonin in the brain.
Other benefits of Kanna are:
- Promote pain relief
- Reduce stress and fight depression
- It might improve cognitive function
Why Choose Our Kanna?
Our Kanna powder is imported directly from the Kanna farm in South Africa. This is then dried and fermented to extract all the aroma and benefits required. This makes our Kanna product unique and rare. Moreover, at our store, we have many more related products such as Hydrilla and Synaptolepis kirkii that helps you fight stress and reduce anxiety.